I Dare Not Look

I Dare Not Look

I stare at the outside often,
Daring to peak inside.
Fully aware of what lurks there,
All of the pain that I hide.

It has never been far away from me,
Never been too far to reach.
The exterior wasn't so daunting,
But the interior I just couldn't breach.

Today something feels different,
I don't have the usual fear.
So I pick up our photo album,
And prepare to fight back a tear.

A deep breath as I open the cover,
Expecting my heart now to race.
Contrary to this, the feeling was bliss,
And a smile spread all over my face.

I thought this would prompt painful memories,
Remind me you're now an angel above.
Of all the pain when I lost you,
But now all i'm feeling is love.

No more tears when I wake in the morning,
No more heart break day after day.
I will visit these fond memories often,
And enjoy them in a newly found way.


love poems by darren heart




Comments

FREE Poetry Newsletter

Stay updated with future Poetry and other Publications by Darren Heart, Join our FREE Poetry Newsletter.



Recent Articles

TOP