Life After Death

Life After Death

Ticks followed by tocks,
The phone rings, and the door knocks.
Hiding from the world,
My cocoon of brick and stone,
Disconnected and alone.

The warmth of my bed,
Tempts me from the day ahead,
Bull grabbed by the horns,
Look for what I had before,
Seek out laughter, joy and more.

Here I go again,
Yesterday was not so bad,
Had some moments when,
Despite sadness, loss and pain,
I could love my life again.

Life is not so bad,
Now I'm living it once more,
One day at a time,
With each day a brand new start,
You'll be with me, in my heart.


Life After Death - A Poem of Acceptance by Darren Heart




Comments

FREE Poetry Newsletter

Stay updated with future Poetry and other Publications by Darren Heart, Join our FREE Poetry Newsletter.



Recent Articles

TOP