Survive or Thrive



Survive or Thrive 

Oh i'd be in such trouble,
If you were here and could have your say,
You'd begin with the fact my life's empty,
One big void since you left me that day.

You'd be sad if you knew I was lonely,
Wish I'd be open to love once more,
You would tell me it is no betrayal,
and to throw the guilt out the door.

You'd be horrified to see my heart breaking,
Insist that i must let your love go,
Tell me to go live my life to the full,
Because you only reap what you sow.

I will try hard not to disappoint you,
With new dreams for which i will strive,
Because the time has come to ask myself,
Simply survive, or thrive?


inspirational bereavement poem





Comments

FREE Poetry Newsletter

Stay updated with future Poetry and other Publications by Darren Heart, Join our FREE Poetry Newsletter.



Recent Articles

TOP