Our Movie

Our Movie

Longing for a time gone by,
Sweet dreams of days from our past.
A trip down memory lane,
A film, with us as the cast.

Two starring roles, you and I,
Love makes the plot write itself.
Twists and turns with every scene,
Critics would toast our good health.

Story starts with two lovers,
First words spoken were a kiss.
Longing, full of desire,
Feelings we just can't dismiss.

Cut to the montage of love,
Time spent waking hand in hand.
Swear I've never felt this way,
God, strike me down where I stand.

Family life soon takes over,
A baby arrives on the set.
Mother's eyes, bundle of joy,
A smile you could not forget.

The script now needs a rewrite,
The star on your door now gone.
Just the spotlight in my heart,
To light where your presence shone.


Poem Darren heart Our Movie

Comments

FREE Poetry Newsletter

Stay updated with future Poetry and other Publications by Darren Heart, Join our FREE Poetry Newsletter.



Recent Articles

TOP