Why You, Not Me

Why You, Not Me?


You're bright, outgoing and playful,

I'm quiet, introverted and shy.
A sixth sense for what makes me happy,
While the best i can do is just try.

You're caring, selfless and giving,

I'm selfish, and look out for myself,
An Angel on earth, that's what you are,
Plucked from the very top shelf.

You live a healthy lifestyle,  

Eat fresh vegetables every-day,
My idea of good health, Is grab a beer off the shelf,
And watch my favorite football team play. 

You're love of life was inspiring,

Now I struggle to get out of bed,
There's been a mistake, this can't be right,
You sure it's not me who's supposed to be dead?

You're wandering the heavens above now,

While my pain longs to just be set free, 
So I cannot help but ask myself,
Why you then, and not me?



poem denial grief bereavement death


Comments

FREE Poetry Newsletter

Stay updated with future Poetry and other Publications by Darren Heart, Join our FREE Poetry Newsletter.



Recent Articles

TOP