If Only

If Only

If only we'd learned of this sooner,
Took action as quick as could be,
Questioned the signs laid before us,
Second opinion? No let's have three!

If only we lived another lifestyle,
Went jogging three times a day,
Off to the gym and then swimming,
Would this have kept fate at bay?

If only I had treated you better,
Looked after you passionately,
Took on more responsibility,
Bore more of our load onto me. 

If only I had shown my love better,
Never argued or brought you to tears, 
Would you have fought harder to stay my side?
Not this nightmare, my pinnacle of fears.

If only time travel existed,
I'd go back, have our time again,
Looping the loop through our favorite days,
No how, no where, just when.



poem about denial


Comments

FREE Poetry Newsletter

Stay updated with future Poetry and other Publications by Darren Heart, Join our FREE Poetry Newsletter.



Recent Articles

TOP