A Broken Promise of Love


A Poem Titled 'A Broken Promise of Love'

I thought we had an understanding,
I thought we had a deal,
I thought we had a pinkie promise,
But that was not for real.

I thought we had an arrangement,
I thought our contract was sound,
I thought we had an unbeatable team,
No half measures were allowed.

I thought our pact was solid,
I thought our handshake would do just fine,
I thought our commitment would last forever,
Survive all obstacles, including time. 

If a lawyer for the heart exists,
I should should get them on the phone,
Treaty signed and covenants pledged,
A promise broken. you left me alone.


love poem broken promise



Comments

FREE Poetry Newsletter

Stay updated with future Poetry and other Publications by Darren Heart, Join our FREE Poetry Newsletter.



Recent Articles

TOP