Shopping For You

Shopping For You


The season to be merry,
Carol singers lurk outside,
Time to hit the shops again,
For the battle of yuletide.

Lost in a sea of people,
Something jumps out from the shelf,
Your favorite beauty brands,
All for pampering yourself.

A box of scented candles,
Some gloves to cover your hands.
Music tracks for in your car,
From the very latest bands.

The ideas keep on flowing,
Never stuck for what to buy.
Part of me, my second skin,
The truth soon forces a sigh.

My basket was still empty,
As I cant deny what's true.
Even though some time has past,
I am still shopping for you!


shopping for you grief poem denial








Comments

FREE Poetry Newsletter

Stay updated with future Poetry and other Publications by Darren Heart, Join our FREE Poetry Newsletter.



Recent Articles

TOP