Checking In

Checking In

Dear love, I'm just checking in,
It has been too long, I know.
Many times I've tried to write,
But the words just failed to flow.

Now that so much time has passed,
And so many things have changed,
Rebuilt from the bottom up,
All our lives now rearranged.

Her hair, no more in bunches,
No more cuddles like a shroud,
Our princess is all grown up,
And would really do you proud.

Blessed with your dazzling smile,
And your beautiful brown eyes,
Also has an awkward streak,
She's your girl, so no surprise.

So I'd just like to thank you,
Hope I have not let you down,
Time to let the flower bloom,
Now our princess wears her crown.


Checking In Poem Acceptance Bereavement Darren Heart




Comments

FREE Poetry Newsletter

Stay updated with future Poetry and other Publications by Darren Heart, Join our FREE Poetry Newsletter.



Recent Articles

TOP