Language Barrier

Language Barrier

I could say the words,
But they would not hear me speak.
Longing to be heard,
Speech with no recognition,
How to make them hear my cries.

How to make them see,
The world through my tear filled eyes,
Darkness covers all,
"Look to the future", they say,
Cannot see that they are blind.

They don't understand,
The darkness, the rage, the guilt,
No comprehension,
They just say I should move on,
But the world looks different now.

They can't smell the truth,
I exist here on my own,
Deep isolation,
All alone in my despair,
Lonely in a crowded room.


Language Barrier Poem Depression Grief Death Darren Heart

Comments

FREE Poetry Newsletter

Stay updated with future Poetry and other Publications by Darren Heart, Join our FREE Poetry Newsletter.



Recent Articles

TOP