The Time Machine

The Time Machine

If H.G Wells rang my bell,
With his time machine in tow,
Would I jump, a few years back,
Our first date, be that "no show"?

Avoid all of this heartache,
Feelings like life can't go on?
Walk straight past, the day we met,
Let time now alter the song?

A new time stream location,
Erect an emotion wall?
Set a limit to my love,
To restrict how far I fall?

Go back, and soil our love,
Sabotage everything dear?
Make a premature retreat,
As that fateful day draws near? 

Should I use Well's great power,
To save future loss and pain?
No, there really is no doubt,
I would choose it ALL again!


The Time Machine Poem Bargaining Death Bereavement.

Comments

FREE Poetry Newsletter

Stay updated with future Poetry and other Publications by Darren Heart, Join our FREE Poetry Newsletter.



Recent Articles

TOP