Anxiety Attack


Anxiety Attack

I can feel my heart beating,
A machine gun in my chest.
Pretty sure I'm gonna die,
This will be, my place of rest.
My breath is short and stifled,
And heart continues to race,
Absolutely certain now,
This will be my resting place.
I' m starting to feel weak now,
And finding it hard to stand.
Prepare now to shut my eyes,
With no-one to hold my hand.
My muscles ache all over,
This chest pain cannot be right.
Absolutely has to be,
The day I lose the big fight.
Terror has overwhelmed me,
Void but for feelings of dread.
There's terror and foreboding,
In this...wait...still thinking, head!






Anxiety Attack - My Five Stages of Grief

Comments

FREE Poetry Newsletter

Stay updated with future Poetry and other Publications by Darren Heart, Join our FREE Poetry Newsletter.



Recent Articles

TOP